Finally, I’m connected back to the internet. Took me a month, but now I’ve got a nice fat pipe, so all those of you who I haven’t contacted in awhile will start to hear from me. Here are some random observations:
- My new apartment is just two blocks from a decent Mexican restaurant. Hell, I didn’t even have that in San Francisco. (Although, I must say that this place doesn’t hold a candle to Taqueria Cancun, which was just 8 blocks from my place in Noe Valley
- It’s also adjacent to a 99 shop. For those of you not in Japan, it’s basically a convenience store that has _everything_ you need, and most of it is 99 yen ($0.85 at the time of posting). For example, if I leave the apartment in the morning, and I realize I left my umbrella at work, I can get one. For eighty-five cents.
- My new apartment comes with a 440-station radio that comes out of the wall. I can get everything from 80 stations of J-pop, to Indian and Latin music, to the messages they play telling you not to leave stuff on the escalator
- For many reasons, life is better than it’s been in years and years. Ever since I can remember.
- I think this year’s sauna might finally be nearing an end. We’ll see…