Just making a post for the hell of it. Although there isn’t very much that annoys me about Japan, I need to get it out somewhere I suppose. So here’s a list of what annoys me so far.
- The sun rises far too early here. Seriously, who’s up at 4:30am to see the sun? They need to adjust the time zone an hour or two, and give Okinawa its own time zone.
- Everything in Japan is open all the time, except for the trains, which close at midnight. Why?
- On TV, anytime there’s a beverage commercial, no matter what it’s for - beer, energy drink, green tea, fruit juice, whatever - they always have the annoying “gulp” sound as the person drinks it. I think it sounds disgusting, and it really turns me off that particular product. But every drink uses it, so I have to try to avoid commercials.
- Anytime there’s a show that’s taped in front of an audience, like a variety show or something, and they show a clip of something else, there’s always a little box showing someone on the show watching the clip. I’ve seen this before in the states, but here they do it every single time and I just don’t get it.
OK, so I guess that isn’t that much to complain about, for the most part. And here are a couple of things that maybe I should be annoyed by, given my character, but I’m not:
- Cicadas: They’re loud, and they remind you of the heat, and many people don’t like them. I have no problem though. Bring on the cute little semi!
- The heat. It is like a sauna, but as long as I have my AC, I have a reasonable refuge. I can deal
- The NHK guys: Simple solution: I just don’t answer the door.